Bug in VectorFont for Windows Phone

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:35 AM

When rendering a VectorFont on WP7, i am getting a strange result. The vertices seem to be wrong:

On Xbox and PC it's working:

Ignore the fact that it's using FilledText on WP7 and ExtrudedText on PC. The error occurs with both methods.

Do you have got an idea about how to fix this?

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Hi!

I'm not sure if I already answered this via email or if I totally forgot you (sorry if that's the case!).

I don't know what might be leading to the issue. The vector fonts have two stages: the content processor extracts the font's outlines and pre-tessellates the faces and the code in Nuclex.Fonts massages the vertices back into renderable meshes with a vertex buffer/index buffer pair. There could be some issue hiding on any side of that process.

Is the font you're using commercial or could you provide it to me for testing?

Aug 9, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Hi,

no, you didn't - thanks to coming back to me :)

As you see in the screenshot, it's a kind of special font, because it consists of dots, forming each character. Maybe this is causing the problem?

It is a font bought for commercial use but it's no problem to give it to you for testing purpose. Is there a way to send you an email so i can attach the font file? I don't want to post a link here.

Daniel

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2011 at 12:28 PM

My email address is my nickname on CodePlex @nuclex.org.

Curious what the problem will turn out to be :)

Aug 9, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Sent you an email. Thank you for your support.

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I got this problem too. I just convert Arial to vector font but it was not fully rendered. Any updates?