This project is read-only.

Window minimize?

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:36 PM

While looking at the SuaveSheet.png in the demo I noticed there seem to be sprites for buttons normally associated with minimizing windows, which is something I'm actually trying to achieve. Is this something the GUI framework already supports by chance?

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:44 AM

I've succeeded in implementing window minimize functionality. I'm now working on getting the buttons setup to look like a Windows window.

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Yep, sorry, no minimize support, just the buttons because they were part of the skin and... who knows, one day...

I am aiming for a game-centric GUI, eg. no menu bars, windows, icons or such - just some buttons and lists for basic interaction (options menus, menu screens, command panels) that would work for both PC and console players, so things like these are not natively supported by the GUI.

If I wanted to make a window, I'd probably make a TitleBarControl, MinimizeButtonControl, MaximizeButtonControl, CloseButtonControl and put them at the top of a window. Minimize could then be handled by the game to replace the window with some button on the screen that reopens the window or so. But it would be a real piece of work to even get close to a plain old Windows window, I guess :D

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Edited Jan 15, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I've got something that is sufficient at the moment, it minimizes the window to just the title bar, and if you double click the title bar it restores the window.

I understand the game-centric part, most games wouldn't need a Windows window. I guess I'm a special case because I'm making an engine, so I want to do things like open a window with information about objects in the game. I do plan on moving to a WinForms window eventually though.