This project is read-only.

Spanish characters

Apr 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Hi, currently I'working with the engine but I want t o display an ñ and I just keep receiving and interrogation sign, the input works just fine but the issue is in the drawing, could you help me please?
Apr 22, 2013 at 5:52 PM
SpriteFonts in XNA only cover the normal Ascii character range by default and fall back to a question mark.

You haven't said what parts of the framework you're using and where you're encountering this.
  • If you're drawing the text entered by the user yourself via SpriteFont.DrawString(), just open your SpriteFont description file and modify it to include the Spanish characters
  • If you're using the UserInterface library with the default theme, you've got two choices (I recommend option 1):
    1) Download the Nuclex Framework sources, copy the theme xml + png files into your project and include the Spanish characters in your copied theme's SpriteFont description
    2) Download the Nuclex Framework sources, change the SpriteFont description of the font embedded in Nuclex.UserInterface.dll and recompile