This project is read-only.

More Controls?

Dec 5, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Incredible library by the way.

I was wondering if you would be willing to add more controls. A grid view would be nice (like a spread sheet kind of thing). A drop down menu would also be nice (like when you right click on a bowser or something). Also, menu strips would be a great addition. But that's just my two cents on your library. (I'm currently utilizing the UserInterfaces assembly the most right now) Also, a tab control would be extremely useful.

Thank you for reading.

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Thanks!

I have some more controls on my todo list, including combo boxes, context menus and menu bars. These all require GUI elements to be overlayed on top of the normal GUI, so I'll have to think a bit how to best integrate this into the library's design.

I'm also planning to extend the default renderer architecture so it can create a unique renderer per control. That would allow the renderers to maintain state, which could be used for animations (eg. windows smoothly blending out, combo boxes gliding down and so on).

A Grid View (if you mean something like excel with a matrix of rows and columns) hmm... What would you use that for in a game? It shouldn't be too hard adding such a control with basic functionality, I'll see what I can do for the next release.

My next goal now is to finish my Island War game, though, so I can't make any promises yet on when the next release will be available :)