Is this library still alive for new features

Jul 2, 2010 at 6:24 AM

Hi, congratulations for this excellent library is really very useful, I was wondering if the lib is still alive and more new features are coming. If possible to include a listview control (gridview) in a new release version? Is possible that all controls will be resizable? I mean, I let the user freely drag and resize the Windows game and the (world game) textures are adjusted (resized). I'm currently using another lib but it doesn't automatically resize their available controls.

Cheers.

Coordinator
Jul 2, 2010 at 8:43 AM
See my answer in the XNA forums ;-)

Yes it's still alive and kicking.

Resizing is one of the show pieces of this library: All coordinates are expressed as a fractional (percentage) coordinate plus an offset. So to place a control with a fixed size at the right end of a window, you could place it at 100% -100px with a width of 0% +80px. It would then start at 100 pixels before the left end and keep a width of 80 pixels. Or you could create a window with a size of 80% +0px, 80% +0px and it would always cover 80% of the screen, no matter the resolution. All positions and sizes use such coordinates.

I haven't written a window resizing grip yet, however, so you'd either have to write one yourself or wait for me to do it :o]

A ListView and a ComboBox are amongst the controls I'm planning to add for the next release. I'm currently a bit overloaded with other work, though, so I can't make any promises as to when the next release will be out.

Jul 3, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Thanks for your fast answer ... and for your excellent work ...