References to NMock2 and Mockery

Mar 7, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Hi Cygon,

I grabbed the latest source from your SVN server, but it fails to build due to some missing references and projects.

- References to nmock2 in the two Nuclex.Input (xna-4.0-x86).csproj files look like ..\..\net-4.0\nmock3-62490\MAIN\Source\NMock\bin\net-4.0\Debug\NMock.dll which does not exist rather than to the pre-built dlls in the ..\References directory.

- Framework-Demos (xna-4.0-phone7).sln contains a project reference to DrecksGame which does not exist.

- There seems to be no .sln that builds Nuclex.Fonts.Content.TrueTypeImporter (xna-4.0-x86).vcxproj, making the NAnt build a requirement.

- Trying to build Nuclex.Foundation with NAnt results in "Strong name key (Foundation.snk) not found".

Perhaps I shouldn't be trying to build latest trunk. :)

Sly

Coordinator
Mar 7, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Thanks for the detailed feedback ;)

Normally the trunk build is fine at all times, but I'm currently upgrading all unit tests to NMock3 (from NMock2). I'll try to do the updates in a more incremental fashion without build failures!

- The TrueTypeImporter needs to be built manually before the main solution can be used. I don't own Visual Studio Professional (and don't want to make it a requirement for compiling the Nuclex Framework), so I can't just add it to the main solution.

- In the next release, all projects will be signed -- however, if I distribute my own strong name key, anyone could claim his own builds as coming right from the source :P. For the release, I could either ship a random key with releases or I could require people to put their own .snk in the workspace. The SVN trunk currently only allows the latter option. Just run sn -k Framework.snk to build one.

I fixed the NMock-related errors, the demo projects will be restored in a day or so!

Mar 7, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Thanks for the quick response and the explanations.

Could the build script create the keys if they don't exist?

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:18 PM

I have just submitted a patch to fix the building of the UI demo project for WP7.  It now builds and runs.  Couldn't use it, but the UI is correctly shown on the screen.

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Thanks - your patch doesn't show in the issue tracker, but I finally completed my work and the demo projects in SVN should all compile cleanly now.

The GUI does not yet natively support touch input, but you can work around this by writing a custom InputCapturer that translates touches into mouse clicks.