Nuclex GUI Framework

Aug 18, 2011 at 3:39 AM

Using your GUI Framework and I noticed there is a bug when selecting a list item [list changed] (it seems to select three time).  Are you planning to add any new controls like a standard drop down list and a multi-line input box?

Sean @FreelanceGames (on Twitter)

Coordinator
Aug 19, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Someone reported that already and even provided a fix for it. This should be solved in the current SVN trunk (daily builds are here: https://devel.nuclex.org/jenkins/view/Nuclex%20Framework/) - at least I hope I committed it. Will check and track down the contribution if it's not committed yet.

I've been thinking about a combo box control already, but I'm currently in get-game-done-at-all-cost mode, so it'll be a bit until I get around to it. A multi-line input box isn't hard to do (check the input control and input control renderer classes), but not that high on my list (just like menus or toolbars) because I'm only targeting game UIs (versus projects requiring more advanced UIs like level editors or hardcore simulations with chart displays)

Aug 20, 2011 at 11:56 PM

I also noticed that control V doesn't work?  Is there a way to get it to work?

Coordinator
Aug 21, 2011 at 10:48 AM

There's nothing built in for clipboard handling right now.

Probably it's just a matter of calling System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.GetText() when the user hits Ctrl+V and append it to the input control's contents. That's one I could easily add for the next release, but if you need to now, just could just add a 'controlPressed' flag and when characterEntered() is called with V + the flag true, do the clipboard insert.

To support Ctrl+X and Ctrl+C, text selection would be required. Also doable, but requires more work (retrieve text line height from font for the selection rectangle, add selected text style to XML skin definition, update editing logic). It would be cool to have a complete text input control that works as well as the one from windows does, I admit. No time frame for that, though.