Sprite Font Processor?

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Edited Feb 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM

So I am following the instructions found here:

http://nuclexframework.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Sprite%20Fonts&referringTitle=Nuclex.Fonts

But the "Sprite Font - Nuclex Framework" is not appearing in the list.

I am using Visual Studio 2010

[edit]

I tried to compile the font demo, it gave me this error:

Error 1 Error loading pipeline assembly "C:\Users\{snip}\Downloads\nuclex-framework-r1404-demos\References\framework\xna-4.0-x86\Nuclex.Fonts.Content.TrueTypeImporter.dll". Nuclex.Fonts.Demo (xna-4.0-x86)

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Edited Feb 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Coordinator
Feb 21, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Some users reported that the DLL has a dependency on nunit.framework.dll (which I've removed in the nightly builds since then). Could you check if that might be your issue by copying References\nunit\net-4.0\nunit.framework.dll into References\framework\xna-4.0-x86\?

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:07 AM
Edited Mar 4, 2012 at 4:16 AM
I tried that and I even redownloaded the demo pack to make sure it wasn't anything I did and now I get this error:
Error 3 Error loading pipeline assembly "C:\nuclexdemos\References\framework\xna-4.0-x86\nunit.framework.dll". Nuclex.Fonts.Demo (xna-4.0-x86)
[edit]
I downloaded the latest from SVN and it worked.
Apr 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM
masshuu wrote:
I tried that and I even redownloaded the demo pack to make sure it wasn't anything I did and now I get this error:
Error 3 Error loading pipeline assembly "C:\nuclexdemos\References\framework\xna-4.0-x86\nunit.framework.dll". Nuclex.Fonts.Demo (xna-4.0-x86)
[edit]
I downloaded the latest from SVN and it worked.

Just been trying the latest Nuclex for XNA4.0/VS2010 and the same issues appear with the pre-built binaries as per the last major release i.e. issues reported above, DLL dependencies and general non-workage out of the box for font processor.

I would like to build from source but they seem currently unavaiable?

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2012 at 8:16 AM

As I've read on Twitter you found the sources in the meantime :)

I really should roll out another CodePlex release, if only to get rid of the dependencies in the font processor.

Apr 25, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Yes indeed! Looking good now although I still have an issue with font scaling - but that I figure is my problem I.e. fractional font sizes on a scaled texture.

Yes I think you'd get a bigger audience if you fixed that build. It's a great library.

Cheers,
Richard

On 25 Apr 2012, at 09:16, "Cygon" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

As I've read on Twitter you found the sources in the meantime :)

I really should roll out another CodePlex release, if only to get rid of the dependencies in the font processor.

Nov 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm in over my head, I guess. I'm trying to add the Nuclex.Fonts.Content.TrueTypeImporter to my project via the instructions, and I as well get the Error Loading pipeline assembly nunit.framework.dll. :/ 

I'm not knowledgable enough to fix this issue on my own, however. A user above said he downloaded the latest from SVN and it worked, but I googled for SVN, and couldn't find a version more recent than this.

I also don't know how to remove the dependency on my own. :( Can someone help me, please? I've found no other solution to XNA's ugly sprite fonts.